Ben posted a few weeks ago about our quest for “One Bug Base to Rule Them All“—our goal of cleaning up the fact that we had no fewer than five bug bases running, each for different products, with no communication between them.
This situation is understandably confusing—bugs that dealt with the Airport Scenery Gateway wound up in the WED database, bugs filed against WED wound up in the X-Plane database, and so on.
I’m happy to report that we’ve taken the first steps toward unification: today, we have just one place to report issues with:
- any of the scenery tools (WED, MeshTool, the AC3D plugin, etc.),
- airports and scenery packs in the Gateway or in X-Plane, and
- the Scenery Gateway itself.
All you need to do is:
- Create a free Scenery Gateway account and log in.
- Click the “Report a Problem” link in the navigation at the top of the page.
- Use the tabs to select the type of bug you’re reporting: does it deal with an airport/scenery pack, the Gateway site, or the scenery tools?
- Fill in the reporting form with as much detail as you can, and hit Report Issue.
In the future, we’ll move to a similar system for the plugin system and X-Plane itself. At that point, we’ll have one page (probably on the main X-Plane site, rather than the Gateway) with a tab for all the things you might need to file a bug for.