Blender Exporter Testers

Ted and I have been working on a new version of XPlane2Blender for Blender 2.5. The new version mostly focuses on bug fixes and optimizations to get perfect WYSIWYG output from Blender to X-Plane with optimal OBJ code.

If you use the version 3.3.x of this exporter and would like to try test builds, please email me. We have a suite of test cases that we run the exporter through to confirm that it is operating properly, but it's also useful to run it on real-world examples to see if there are cases we missed.

This entry was posted in Development, Tools. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Blender Exporter Testers

1. Saar says:

Hi,

Out of curiosity, is this the v3.2.12 beta version I found on this url: http://xplane2blender.anzui.de/ ?

Unfortunately I can't be a tester, but I would like to test the latest beta version.

Thanks

2. Scott S. says:

I can't seem to find your email address here but I included mine in the form below. I hope that's good enough.

I've been getting a bad version error in XP11 when I export from Blender but I'm still getting set up and it'll settle out. To get things out of Sketchup and into Blender I had to use Sketchup 2016 because the LIPID OBJ Exporter won't work with 2017.

Thanks,
    Scott (Vorlin on XP.org)

3. David weisbrod says:

Hi
    I am very near with blender but have some weird issues on it.

I did .3ds files that I can visualize when I am opening them into AC3D . I can even retexture the object with the. Png texture file that I created.

However, when I import the same files into the latest version of blender available (3.3.1), it opens a file I which the object is not seen at all.

I am blocked here and cant export any of those objects into xplane.

I am using blender in a MacBook and of course installed the export plugin.

If you have any idea of the bug, please met me know

David

4. ILIAS TSELIOS says:

Is this the same as the one in Github?

5. AMELINE says:

Hi,

Same for me, I could not find your email address but I am interested in beta testing this new version. I will probably upgrade to Blender 2.78c.

With this new plugin, will be able to import OBJ to blender 2.5+?

Guillaume

6. chris says:

Hi Guys
    Great news about blender exporter hope you get the layer bug fixed
    it would be more helpful when exporting one obj at a time

or am i missing something looked high and low for info but failing

cheers

Chris

7. Rodrigo says:

Will we have support to particles and light spill?

You can do spill now but you have to type numbers - we want to make it WYSIWYG one day. You'll have access to particles when we ship them 'for realzies'.

8. Armando Alva says:

any plans for making proper documents for this tool?