Information on creating X-Plane scenery, including tips & tricks, guides to new features, and more can be found on the Scenery Development Documentation page.
The Aircraft Development page contains information on creating aircraft models for X-Plane, including guides for:
- updating aircraft for new versions,
- optimizing models for performance,
- configuring custom lighting,
- using X-Plane’s FMS or GPS,
- configuring the aircraft’s autopilot, and more.
The File Format Specifications page contains information on the file types used by X-Plane, including the formats for 3-D object models, terrain mesh, and more.