The X-Plane command-line tools (“xptools”) are a collection of tools for editing scenery. The current set includes:
- DSFTool – converts DSF files to text format and back.
- DDSTool – converts PNG files to DDS format.
- ObjConverter – converts 3DS and DXF files to X-Plane 8 OBJ format.
- ObjView – a simple 3-d viewer for X-Plane OBJ files.
- XGrinder – a drag-and-drop front-end for the command-line tools (DSFTool, DDSTool, and ObjConverter).
The tools are released periodically; the collection is labeled based on the year and month of release. Here are the current downloads: