X-Plane 10.20 Beta 1 is now public, and it is available in both 32 and 64-bits. First, here are some things you should read:
- The 10.20 beta 1 release notes.
- The 64-bit FAQ for users.
- For plugin developers, the plugin system information.
X-Plane 10.20 Beta 1 is a somewhat raw beta. Our goal is to get 64-bit executables into the hands of as many plugin developers as possible as early as possible. There are known bugs that we haven’t held the beta for. We have not yet shipped updates to the airplanes or new art assets for autogen.
At this point, this is the info we are looking for:
- Regressions: if something works in 10.11 but does not work in 10.20, please let us know ASAP.
- 32-vs-64-bit differences: if sim functionality does not work in 64-bits but does work in 32-bits please let us know.
- Plugin authors: do report problems with your plugins.
Here are three kinds of problems we do not want to hear about:
- Long-standing bugs in the sim. First, if you have already reported a bug, you don’t need to report it again. Second, we aren’t really ready for new bugs. If you report one, that’s fine, but we’re just going to file it until a later beta.
- Problems with someone else’s plugins. We really need to hear from the plugin author. Please don’t report plugin bugs on behalf of your add-on maker.
- Plugins that aren’t 64-bit ready. We do not need any bug reports telling us that a plugin isn’t 64-bit ready. This is normal and to be expected!
Finally, for users who are very excited about 64-bit: please be patient with your add-on makers. They are only getting a complete set of 64-bit build materials today. Please give them at least 10 minutes before hounding them for 64-bit updates.
Update: beta 1 has a bug on Mac where X-Plane will ignore keyboard input if it is started in full screen. If you have a mouse, you can toggle full screen off and on to get keyboard back. We’ll fix this for beta 2 shortly.