The X-Plane command-line tools (“xptools”) are a collection of tools for editing scenery. The current set includes:
- DSFTool – converts DSF files to text format and back.
- DDSTool – converts PNG files to DDS format.
- ObjConverter – converts 3DS and DXF files to X-Plane 8 OBJ format.
- ObjView – a simple 3-d viewer for X-Plane OBJ files.
- XGrinder – a drag-and-drop front-end for the command-line tools (DSFTool, DDSTool, and ObjConverter).
The tools are released periodically; the collection is labeled based on the year and month of release. Here are the current downloads:
- Download XPTools 15-3 for Windows
- Download XPTools 15-3 for Mac OS X
- Download XPTools 15-3 for Linux
Here is the previous version of the tools:
- Download XPTools 12-2 for Windows
- Download XPTools 12-2 for Mac OS X
- Download XPTools 12-2 for Linux
See the Scenery Development Documentation page for tool manuals.
2 comments on “Command-Line Tools”
Hi, I have just been talking to Bob Sidwick and he was wondering if I can convert my FSX Farm Strip scenery for FSX to fit in with his photgraphic scenery into your format, is this possible, if not where would I start as I have only designed for FSX up until now. Regards. Neil Birch
You probably can – please contact me by email to follow up on this – this goes well beyond what can be explained in a blog post.
Comments are closed.