WED 1.6b2 available now

The latest WED 1.6 beta is now available to test.

This version includes multiple bug fixes, such as Ted's fix to crashes caused by long tool tip text, and fixes when using orthophotos. See the included README file for the full change log, and, as always, let us know about bugs and problems on the Scenery Tools bug reporter.

About Jennifer Roberts

Jennifer came to X-Plane to update the manuals and stayed for the bug testing. You'll most likely see her on the Q&A site or answering bug reports.
This entry was posted in Scenery, Tools. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to WED 1.6b2 available now

1. Keyton says:

Hi ben,

I´m devoloping brazilian sceneries for Xplane11 and would like to know if there is any way to modify autogen´s houses and buildings with my new ones, because they´re more accurate and real to my country. There is any docs or tutorials about it? it is a lot of work to put my models one by one... any suggestion? thank you!

2. Rodrigo says:

Hello,
    The link to the WED Manual is broken. Is there any other way we can read it?
    Thanks!

3. Michael Maar says:

Hi,

Just wondering... Why is (.lin) lines not visible in wed? I only see the vector line but not the artwork. I do not remember if this was possible in the past, but it would make it a lot easier to see the result if it was visible in wed. The only way to see it at the moment is to load up XP and reload the scenery every time I need to see the result.

I do not consider this a bug - I was just curious...

/Michael

• Michael says:

In the map view the all lines and forests are only represented by a symbolic outline, this display is pretty much unchanged since WED 1.0.
      The real-time preview of the textured items in the "preview pane" only (!) was extended in WED 1.6 to include lines and forests.

And as to the why - because no one else has come forward and coded it up 🙁

4. Stephen Kruse says:

New user to WED as of about a month ago. One thing that has been problematic for me is the .agp files for many of the objects. They utilize a base ground texture that rarely (i.e. never) matches anything you'd be using the object for. I have worked around this by exposing the building .obj file in my libraries.txt file but this makes the scenery non-standard since the recipient would not have the modified libraries.txt file on their system and this would also make the scenery not acceptable in the gateway.

Is there a way to expose the .obj files for the buildings that would work both for the gateway compatibility as well as the end users themselves?

• Stephen Kruse says:

P.S. I am using WED 1.5 at the current time but am switch to 1.6 beta to see if there's any difference there.