X-Plane 11.33b1 is an incremental update that includes updated Gateway airports and translations, crash fixes and diagnostics, minor UI improvements, and bug fixes such as:
- XPD-9441 Weight, balance and fuel- Total weight (lbs) does not include weapons.
- XPD-9683 Fix dupe banks in FMOD crashing the sim.
- XPD-9882 Fixed KOAK nav data.
- XPD-9919 Lightning appears in cockpit in VR.
- XPD-9991 Crashes on older Intel GPUs.
- XPD-9992 Default FMC, Holding Pattern will only be flown once.
- XPD-10003 Landing lights has no effect on battery amperage draw.
- XPD-10007 Fixed slip ball limit.
For a full list of bug fixes, see the release notes here.
Just a reminder that the sim will not prompt you to install this beta–you will need to launch the installer manually and opt into betas to get this version.
We are putting more effort into cleaning up frequent crashes. We recently upgraded our back end crash reporting to a fancy paid service that we hope will allow us to gain a lot more insight into what is going wrong. This beta includes additional crash logging for that purpose.
Keeping in the crash-fixing vein, we believe we also fixed two notable crashes in this beta: issues with Intel GPUs and with duplicate FMOD sound banks. We heard from a lot of Intel users about these crashes, so Sidney took a look and was able to find a fix for it. The FMOD crash has been a round for a while and was caused by duplicating an aircraft folder that included FMOD. When an FMOD bank had the same contents on disk at a different file path, FMOD wouldn’t load it. We now handle this case gracefully.
Update: Steam users can get 11.33b1 by selecting the public beta under application properties.