Let me commit this to writing: I WILL get new tools (DSF2Text, AC3D Plugin, etc.) out this week!!
The rendering engine has been taking up all my time this week. To give you an idea, I spent part of the weekend and Monday rewriting the way we handle physics interactions between the simulator and the graphics rendering engine…only to find the new code improved framerates by…one frame per second!
When I complained to Austin about this he said, “good, I’ll take every one fp I can get”, and I realized…this is how we make progress forward. If after a week we’ve got a 5 fp boost, that’s definitely a big help to a user who is getting fog now.
(Of course, not all fps are created equal; a frame per second is the reciprical of the time the sim is taking, so a 1 fp improvement when the sim running at 20 fps is a huge victory; a 1 fp boost when the sim is running at 90 fps is negligable.)