X-Plane 10.45 release candidate 1 is out (and will be available on Steam for users who have selected to get betas within a few days). If you aren’t running betas and would like to try it, run your X-Plane Installer, pick update and check “Get Betas”.
If you are the developer of an add-on aircraft and you haven’t tried 10.45 yet, please try it as soon as possible! We caught a few surprising systems-related bugs and fixed them for RC1, but overall beta bug reporting has been quite low; we can’t fix what we don’t know about, and some bugs might only be reproducible using your add-on.
X-Plane 10.45 is a “small” patch for us in that it doesn’t contain major changes to the code, but it contains a number of features you might like:
- An update to the global airports.
- The global airports won’t conflict with custom scenery – new exclusion technology prevents overlapping buildings.
- Nav data has been significantly updated – lots of bug fixes are in 10.45.
- The GPS data for the G430 now contains IAFs, so you can fly GPS approaches with proper transitions.
- Proper prop torque for aircraft that opt in.
I keep meaning to post about other stuff we’re working on; I’ll post an update soon. But for now, try 10.45 before it goes out the door!