Release Candidate Three is out – Steam version coming next week. I think this is going to be the final version of 10.50, mostly because I’m going to stick my fingers in my ears and ignore any more bug reports. Seriously though, if you do find a bug, please report it, we’ll fix it in a new patch.
RC3 took a while to get out because we had a number of severe bugs reported very late in the beta process. Several third party developers waited until our release candidate to even try the beta, and this has delayed the release schedule.
Third party developers: please do not wait until the release candidate to check your add-ons. Doing so means a few things:
- We might not be able to make the best fix due to a lack of time.
- If the problem turns out to be an authoring error in your add-on, exposed by a new beta, you won’t have any time to fix your add-on before the problem is revealed.
- This definitely impacts the efficiency of the entire beta process in a negative way.
WED 1.5 beta 2 will be out as soon as I can compile it.