Just a quick note: beta 15 is up and fixes a few key bugs:
- No more Plane-Maker crashes opening files.
- ACF files aren't locked while the sim is running.
- Cessna takeoff should be a lot better.
I've heard a lot of chatter about FPS problems with the new clouds. If you are having FPS problems with the clouds, here are a few key things we need for a bug reports:
- Include a log.txt. We get enough bug reports that if you ignore the "always include a log.txt" note in the bug report, your bug report will go to the back of the line. Everything that we tend to ask users that can be gathered automatically is in the log.txt: your CPU info, GPU info, driver, version of X-Plane, add-ons installed, scenery...there's a reason why we want it!
- Be sure to note your monitor configuration (how many, how big, what you're doing with them).
- Include a full res screenshot of the clouds where FPS are bad, preferably with the FPS counter showing. Please don't use JPEG or crop it - I need to see what the rendering engine is doing.
- Try setting the weather to clear - does that improve FPS? Try changing your window size. Does that improve FPS? These differentials are useful.
- For a given view where FPS are awful, does regenerating the weather (bind a command key) change things or is it always bad?
- If FPS are always bad, send us a .sit file where, in the cockpit of an aircraft that we ship with the sim, framerate is really bad. We can load the .sit file, regenerate the weather a few times, and see what's up.
- Update: one more thing - if you are using a third party aircraft, does changing to one of ours fix the issue? Does changing the shape of the 3-d cockpit (which blocks out clouds) fix the issue?