We've been working on bug fixes like crazy, and over the last week or two we've run a small internal beta of 11.10 to try to get the biggest, nastiest bugs out. So far it looks like we're on schedule to put out a public 11.10 this week.
Besides fixing bugs, there are still a few irons in the fire for 11.10 that might go into the beta after public beta 1:
- Sidney and I have one more set of performance optimizations that are a "maybe" for 11.10 - we'll try them and if they blow up the beta, they can wait for 11.20.
- Jörg has fixed a lot of weapon-related issues - you can actually author fighter planes now - but weapon cam is still inoperative and probably will be in beta 1.
- We are working on VR in parallel to 11.10, and we may be able to release some authoring interfaces for aircraft in 11.10 to get aircraft developers a head start.
A bunch of stuff for developers and artists is already done and 'in the can' for beta 1:
- The new plugin API 3.0 will be fully available in beta 1.
- The G1000 will be available in beta 1, and the G1000-based Cessna is included in the install.
- New art for airport authors is in place.
In preparation for this beta, Jennifer ran off to Las Vegas. We might reasonably disagree on how to interpret that.