We’ve seen a few critical bug reports over the weekend, so:
- We’re going to hold off on the Steam release of VR2.
- VR3 should be out really soon – basically as soon as we can get these critical bugs fixed. We’ll put that on Steam.
- VR2 won’t launch on some versions of Linux due to a plugin DLL problem. We don’t have a fix for that; we have to fix the sim.
- The HOTAS Warthog causes the sim to crash if it’s plugged in. We’re fixing it.
- If you have any other hardware that either won’t calibrate or crashes the sim, please do file a bug! Commenting on the blog does not count! If you’ve commented on the blog, even if LR staff has replied, file a bug. Only bugs go somewhere that get tracked.
- We’ve seen reports of plugins crashing that did not crash in VR1. If a plugin is now crashing in VR2 that didn’t crash in VR1, please report it! It’s useful to know whether the plugin crashes in VR2 even if VR is not being used.
Anyway, we’ll try to stabilize this stuff in VR3, then move on to more investigations WRT Oculus performance, and fixing other VR bugs like xPads floating in the air.