I just posted a beta of WED 1.2.1; hopefully it will only take one beta to get this quick “bug fix” patch done.
Some usability fixes:
- Locked and hidden items don’t cause clicks to select their parents.
- The interior of an airport boundary is not selectable – it never should have been.
- The marquee tool will never select the “world” entry on the hierarchy.
- The click hot spots of handles don’t shrink at low zoom – they were doing that before, which made clicking hard.
(Basically Chris tried to use WED and got really annoyed*, so we dug in and fixed some of the smaller annoyances. The ones we left (like how locking works) need a major rework and can’t go into a bug fix.)
1.2.1 also filters out the private and deprecated library items (once you have X-Plane 10.25, beta coming “real soon now”). This should make the library display a lot cleaner. Also, hidden airports won’t export or fail validation, which is what you would expect.
The only other changes are a bug fix for exporting polygons on a DSF edge, and a bunch of changes to help Robin collect global airports.
If you are using WED 1.2r4 to make airports, please try 1.2.1b1 this weekend, and file bugs here.
* Which was difficult to differentiate from his normal state.